Dj/artist happy accidents while playing?!!!

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Dj/artist happy accidents while playing?!!!

Postby Deltacity » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Great thing happened during tonight's set. Started my regular dj set, which usually goes something like....
Imperial bros-we come to rock/dub to scratch mix, into
Captain rock to the future shock, into
Lookin for the perfect beat,into buck stops here (fantasy 3).
I realised I'd accidentally put the b side of perfect beat on (the instrumental) so dropped fantasy 3 in earlier than usual.
Man, I don't know why I didn't think about it before! Perfect beat is a VERY well pressed piece of vinyl. Loud, bassy and really full sounding. The vocals on the buck stops here are pretty loud in the mix, meaning the music to it got completely lost under the perfect beat instrumental. By total luck, I'd dropped the vocal in at exactly the right time. Every beat, part and accent fitted perfectly together. It honestly sounded like a single record playing. Perfect beats with fantasy three vocals. If you dj, please try it!! It's a keeper in the set now.
A lot of records are the result of accidents in the studio, so any artists on here, I'd love to hear about any 'happy accidents' you've had while playing or recording!
Kneill.
Deltacity
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions