New Rule Proposal to limit board flooding...

This forum is ONLY to discuss items or submit information or comments about the main site. All other posts will be deleted.

New Rule Proposal to limit board flooding...

Postby rchecka » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Board Flooding = starting too many new threads per day thus monopolizing page one.

There are some members that start 5-10 threads daily, some simply to say hello to whomever. Many of these threads are completely pointless and end up pushing legitimate threads to page 2 where they will not be read at all. This is board flooding and the validity of the board suffers.

I propose we start a board flooding rule to prevent ongoing offenders from continuing to detract from the forum by proposing a 3-5 new thread per day limitation. (Not post limitation, a starting of new threads limitation) Does that seem reasonable? I think if members know they can only post 3 new threads a day, the garbage and bickering will dwindle, and it'll keep the front page of each board more legit.

Your thoughts moderators and members?
rchecka
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Re: New Rule Proposal to limit board flooding...

Postby JohnG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:49 pm

While I can set a time between posts (currently 20 seconds), I don't have control over the number of topics started during a given period.
Founder and Administrator
http://www.oldschoolhiphop.com
JohnG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OldSchoolHipHop.Com Announcements and Updates