Any Writers (Graffitti) here from the early days?

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Any Writers (Graffitti) here from the early days?

Postby WARABAD 7 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:48 am

I ahve been doing my homework trying to learning the art work from the 70's and 80's. Anyone "get up" back in the days or associated with any off the great writers
WARABAD 7
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Re: Any Writers (Graffitti) here from the early days?

Postby Deltacity » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:53 am

Yes mate! I don't know if it qualifies as 'original'. But I was bombin' from about 83/84 (which, as far as I remember, was definitely the first time around in the UK )
There were quite a few writers around my town, and,I'm currently digging around for any old photos from that tine. There was a crew called Chrome Angelz that were well recognised, as well as a guy called Zorro. Who used to burn huge pieces on shop fronts on the shopping centre. I still write occasionally, and ended up becoming a,tattoo artist, which isn't too far away from spraycan art!
Kneill
Deltacity
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Postby conga » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:54 am

as far as i remember, writing has never been a big topic on these forums. some people who grew up in ny back in the day said that writing wasnt too connected to the dj scene. pretty much what others have criticized about the marketing of "hip hop" as one culture with 4 elements, too.

im not sure if you can still find the old board which was replaced by this one some years ago. but there you could find some information.
conga
Old School Scholar
Old School Scholar

Postby ~J~C~O))) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:59 pm

was surprised to see SEEN on Counts Kustoms the other night, knew he did tattoos but didnt know he moved to Vegas on worked on Choppers n Hot rods.
What a legend.

http://aeechoppers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/big-twin-on-tv-see-and-hear-it-soon.html
~J~C~O)))
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions