The Wizard & Electrifying Mojo Detroit Radio

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

The Wizard & Electrifying Mojo Detroit Radio

Postby LookingForThePerfectBeat » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:14 pm

I listened to all the classic hip stations there were in the Detroit area back then, 93 FM, Power 96 & WJLB.

I tried to catch mixes from The Wizard as often as i could. He is best known from WJLB. But just today i learned he was on 93 FM before that. That was something i was trying to find out since the early 80's. I remember having a mix i taped onto cassette that got lost back then. I did not know The Wizard was the DJ on 93 as well till today. I just knew i had a faded memory of mixes on 93. It's hard to hold onto a unsure memory for so long and it so awesome it ends up being right.

Electrifying Mojo was just a Radio Host and i did not get to catch it as often as i would of liked. I did not get to stay up to Midnight enough back then. lol
But you felt you were transported to another world when he came on. He played anything from Hip Hop, Funk, Techno, Pop.

Here is a few examples below. You can find more if you search. Wish i could go back in time and hear these when they first aired. 8)

Last edited by LookingForThePerfectBeat on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
LookingForThePerfectBeat
Old School Member
Old School Member

Re: The Wizard & Electrifying Mojo Detroit Radio

Postby LookingForThePerfectBeat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:01 am

LookingForThePerfectBeat
Old School Member
Old School Member

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions