Boogie Down Bronx

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Boogie Down Bronx

Postby LookingForThePerfectBeat » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 pm

It's been way too long since i posted here.

Boogie Down Bronx was one of the songs that took me way too long to track down. It was my favorite old school hip hop song from back in the day. My only copy of it was mix version i recorded off the radio onto a cassette back in the mid 80's. I remember on almost a weekly basis through the late 80's/ early 90's i would be on the lookout for new old school rap compilation tapes that would be released and this song never did show up on any of them. I bought a lot of the compilation tapes back then (Rapmasters, Hip Hop From The Top, Rap 1 & 2 and dozens more,) and always came up empty handed. I wonder if i was looking in the wrong section all those years. I was looking for The Freeze Force Crew and not Man Parrish.

Even when the 2000's rolled around and Napster came out, i still couldn't find it. I was wondering if i would ever find it one way or the other. Then finally a program came out after Napster called Morpheus showed up and it had more songs than ever before, and out of knowhere the song showed itself and all was right with the world. Then that led me to Amazon and seen i could actually buy it on CD.

Man the journey's i have taken to find lost songs. It took me even longer to find other lost songs but that was the one i tried finding the hardest. But maybe i did not search in all the right places

I ran across this video today and i figured i'd share that story.

LookingForThePerfectBeat
Old School Member
Old School Member

Re: Boogie Down Bronx

Postby dj d-lite » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:09 pm

I really liked that little short movie about the song! One of my most played 12"!
dj d-lite
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions