Old school hip hop/electro t shirts.

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Old school hip hop/electro t shirts.

Postby Deltacity » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Howdy space cowboys!
I was recently trawling the web, looking for some kind of t shirt design that might show my love for the proper stuff. ;-)
Very disappointing state of affairs. In the uk anyway. I ended up with a paper thin tommy boy logo shirt, and a bootleg wild style t shirt that came out of someone's inkjet printer. Didn't last the first wash!
So, as I've got a screen printing set up, I'm gonna do a few small runs of some decent designs.
I just wondered, what would you guys prefer to see out there?
Either some generic/all round designs, for example b-boy related, or boombox type thing with some wording etc, or particular band/artist logos? I must admit, I was hoping to find something like a soulsonic force/man parrish or captain rock shirt to strut around in ( while pointing at younger hip hop kids, telling them how s--t the current scene has become compared to the 'good old days'. :-) ).
Obviously I would get permission from any artist involved,and to be honest, most artists ain't worries about 20 tshirts, and are happy to see their name around again. I did a similar thing before, and if any band design got a second run, I'd paypal them a few quid and everyone was cool.
Look forward to hearing your ideas!
(Ps-I checked out the streetsounds clothing site, but didn't like any design that wasn't sold out. Any of you who snapped up the limited edition vertical ELECTRO shirts, I'm jealous. :)
Cheers.
Deltacity
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Re: Old school hip hop/electro t shirts.

Postby albinos » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 am

I have my own oldschool hup hop shirt :)
oldschoolerscrew.blogspot.com
Dziurawe Sample
albinos
Old School Member
Old School Member

Postby Deltacity » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Errm. Ok. What does it have on it?
Deltacity
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Postby Bow Legged Brutha » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:00 am

Good topic.
I've searched myself in the past but not found anything decent.
The best I could find was this one which I bought:
http://www.80scasualclassics.co.uk/stre ... 707193.php

It's a nice design but the cut of the T-shirt is not great.
I was really looking for a GMF / Melle Mel T-shirt so if you're going to make any I would gladly pay for a Melle Mel one.
Bow Legged Brutha
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions