Grand Master Flash, Don't cry over scratched beats

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Grand Master Flash, Don't cry over scratched beats

Postby pove-one » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:17 pm

It was 1983, i was 20, I was dating a young lady and one night while we were chilling, I noticed she had some records. I asked her if i could play them, she said yeah. as i was digging though them I noticed that most of them were break beats, i started getting real happy.

I took a closer look at them and saw markings on them like a DJ would do, tape, pen markings where the break started, which side to play, what number track play. so I began pulling out each one, i had forgotten about doing the nasty that night, all I wanted was the records. THEN I LOST MY F!@#$% MIND…you'll never guest in a million years what i found????

yo!!! one of the records was tagged, it said FLASH….I ran into the other room and i asked her, where did you get these records? she said, i used to date grand master flash, all cool and s!@#$, he would play in the park across the street, he left those here but never came back for them, why? you want 'em? I almost fell the F!@#$% out. yo, you'd think I hit the lotto and I did for a DJ.

the following weekend I brought my nap sack and stuffed it with as many beats as it could hold and on sunday night headed by home with the biggest kool aid grin in the world. in all I had about 3 full creates, and I played those joints every chance I got.

that was the love, now here's the lost, like most of us, I had a crack head cousin, who at the time was smoking crack in his blunts, they called them [rulers or whoolers] back then. he and his cracked up friend stole the collection among other things and well you know the rest, i beat both there asses and lost the records forever.
pove-one
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Re: Grand Master Flash, Don't cry over scratched beats

Postby dj d-lite » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Damn! To bad you lost them.
dj d-lite
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Re: Grand Master Flash, Don't cry over scratched beats

Postby pove-one » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 pm

not lost, robbed, lol. thanks.