DJ PETE JONES

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

DJ PETE JONES

Postby DJGLI67 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 pm

As per DJ RED ALERT Facebook posting :(

"WAS JUST INFORM BY THE SON OF THIS ICON THAT HE WENT HOME TO THE LORD EARLY 4AM THIS MORNING HE IN NYC WAS ONE OF THE GENERALS IN THE DJ WORD, WE THANK YOU MR. PETE DJ JONES"
"YOU THINK U KNOW BUT U HAVE NO IDEA!!!"
DJGLI67
Old School Professor
Old School Professor

Re: DJ PETE JONES

Postby Mike Barnes » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of Pete Dj Jones's passing, Pete was one of the very first cats to mix on the mobile dj circuit in New York City(Pete started out on the mobile dj circuit in 1967, After Brooklyn cats like John Ausby and Qj Simpson, Who both started out in 1959), Pete influenced mad cats(Exhibit A:Kurtis Blow, Flash,

Lovebug Starski, Etc), Along with Pete being mad crew with legendary dj's like Plummer, David Mancuso(Who put Pete down on his record pool in 1975, Which was the very first record pool in the United States in 1975, Pete was dj'ing the very first time that i had ever been to a spot(Club), In 1976(Pete was Dj'ng at a spot

Called, "Pippin", Which was located on 39thst Between Madison ave and 5thave in Manhattan a few blocks from Bentley's, Cats like Pete Dj Jones, Tee Scott, Flowers, Plummer, The Smith Brothers(Brooklyn cats), Maboya, Etc, Inspired me to start hangin at dance music spots alot more, Opposed to myself puttin in so

much time hangin at hiphop spots during the mid 70's, Rip, Pete, Hopefully, When the, "Founding Fathers", Documentary comes out, Hassan Pore and Ron Lawrence will dedicate the documentary to the memory of Pete dj Jones, Because Pete inspired mad cats to become dj's during the 70's.

Much Respect
Mike Barnes
Mike Barnes
Old School Scholar
Old School Scholar

Postby dafever » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Sad news, really sorry to hear this.
dafever
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Postby shbzz7 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:03 pm

R.I.Peace to an originator!

Beautiful piece!!

and JayQ's interview dropped a lot of knowledge too ---> http://www.thafoundation.com/pete.htm
shbzz7
Old School Godfather
Old School Godfather

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions