HELP! ... La Di Da Di (with 3rd verse)

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

HELP! ... La Di Da Di (with 3rd verse)

Postby Twelve12 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 am

I used to be an active board member on this site about 10yrs ago (been ghost for YEARS and had to create a new account because I forgot my old log-in information, but I digress) ...

... Waaaay back then, I posted an MP3 of Slick Rick & Dougie Fresh's "La Di Da Di" ... BUT ... a rare version that contained a 3rd verse (that was cut out of the original track due to copyright stuff) ... anyhow, one of my external drives that contained that track got corrupted and I could not recover the MP3's on it .. this track was one of them.

I've searched the internet for weeks now and can't even find a reference to it (I even hit up Crazy Legs) ... does anyone happen to have an MP3 of this track? (i'm sure most of you pro'lly never even heard it) ... PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I'd even be willing to Paypal you $$ for the favor. Please and Thank you.
Twelve12
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Re: HELP! ... La Di Da Di (with 3rd verse)

Postby superbadduke » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm

superbadduke
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Postby Twelve12 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:27 pm

This wasn't it ... there is another 3rd verse that comes in after the 2nd verse that ends "... I can't be your loverrrr"
Twelve12
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Postby superbadduke » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 pm

You mean ricky, ricky I can't be your lover? And are you talking about a version that was released on vinyl or some live version never released? They did remove the Beatles (Michelle) part later on for copyright reasons.
superbadduke
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions