Get Down tape mixed by Grandmaster Caz

The Real Old School Hip Hop Forum....Share and spread knowledge. Keep the history alive...Please limit discussions in the forum to topics no later than 1986.

Get Down tape mixed by Grandmaster Caz

Postby DJ Twigt » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:44 pm

This Breakbeats mixtape is my personal favorite tape because I got personal from Grandmaster Caz in 1999 when he was in Netherland (Amsterdam) for a Old School Throwdown performer together with Dj Tony Tone, and this tape was introduced me to the breakbeats playing back in the days by DJ Kool herc, Herculoids, Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bambaataa, jazzy Jay, Grandwizard Theodore, L Brothers etc...

This is a B-Boy Block Party mixtape 60/70/80's mixed by Grandmaster Caz (a member of back in the days famous pioneer rap group Cold Crush Brothers with Charlie Chase & Tony Tone). This mixtape was published in 1999 and it have the Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bambaataa and B-Boy Breakbeats here, just a few to name: Incredible Bongo Band - Apache, Herman Kelly - Dance To The Drummers Beat, Mohawks - Champ, Freedom - Get up and Dance, Blackbyrds - Rock Creek park, Babe Ruth - Mexican & Keep Your Distance, Jimmy Castor - Just Begun, James Brown - Get up Get into It, and Get Invlolved, 20th Century Steel Band - Heaven & Hell is on Earth, James Brown - Funky Drummer, Afrika Bambaataa, Afrika Islam & Jazzy Jay – Fusion Beats and some rap records of Grand Master Flash & The Furious 5 mc's - Freedom, Crash Crew - High Power Rapp and much more other great Get Down records.

By the Dj Kool Herc part of this throwdown, some Old School history and shout outs to some pioneers from back in the days.

A must to have, enjoy!

Download for free (see link below).

http://www.1994hiphop.com/2013/01/grand ... -1999-192/
I'm not from the Bronx, but I still Boogie Down
DJ Twigt
Old School Rookie
Old School Rookie

Return to Old School Discussions and Questions